Caped-Sleeve Bolero part one

I’ve been really curious about those Japanese sewing pattern books on Amazon for quite awhile now, and a couple weeks ago I finally ordered Stylish Party Dresses. For my first project I decided to do:


Copy the pattern onto tissue paper . . .



I decided to go with a fairly thick black fabric that I’ve had in my stash for a few years now. It will probably be too warm for summer, but I have my hopes set on Autumn. The patterns don’t include seam allowances, so I decided to trace it onto my fabric and add the seam allowances there. 

Sew shoulder seams together, chain stitching to save time.


Press seams, then finish with the serger.

Thread number four was cut, not broken. I’m using only three threads so I can switch to a narrow rolled hem without too much trouble.


Pin the facing on and quit there, before the kids start exploding.

Advertisements