Halloween 2013 – The Lining

I apologize for the bad photo quality. My regular camera has yet to be prepared, and since holidays wait for no man, I’ve decided to proceed without it.

I decided to make the lining first and use it as a mock-up, just in case my pattern didn’t turn out as well as I anticipated. I used some leftover heavy linen from another project that failed miserably, and so far it’s working beautifully. After stitching the bodice together, I pressed both seams to the same side then stitched them flat to give a little bit of structure to the design without making it rigid. On the right-side it looks like boning channels, and I love the effect.

DSC00335

DSC00338

DSC00340

DSC00341

DSC00342

I ADORE the sleeves on that shirt that I’m wearing, so I plan on copying them with some future project.

Advertisements