The sewing portion of Summer of No Pants officially ended last week, but hey, better late than never huh?
I dyed and painted the fabric myself, which is why I finished this final project late — I had a bit of a hard time getting it to turn out in a way that I liked. I ended up dying a marbled blue base, then painted black over it with quick wide strokes, and finished it with black paint splatters (which was lots of fun).
The skirt was constructed with a wide waistband, pleats, and bright pink decorative stitching.
The Summer of No Pants challenge was lots of fun, though I can’t say that cranking out simple garments every week fits my style — I felt like I hardly had time to really get to know the skirt before it was done. Still, it’s very nice to have four unique skirts as part of my wardrobe now.