Boning channels marked.
I decided that I wanted to use double folded bias strips instead, so I cut and dyed new ones. When I put the strips in the dye pot, the baby immediately decided that she needed all of my attention, so I didn’t have the chance to stir them at all, and the dye applied unevenly like marble.
It turned out to be unexpectedly pretty.
Boning channels sewn.
Applying bias tape.
I hand stitched the bias on the wrong side so that I wouldn’t have the seam showing on the right.
This is what it looks like with the edges finished.
Flossing. I didn’t have much embroidery floss, so I tried to ration it. I ended up needing to buy more anyway, and while the new stuff looked like it matched in the store, when I got home and started working with it in natural light, I realized that the new floss was slightly lighter than the old. I cannot unsee it.
The ribbon runs through the bias tape on the top edge, and it’s purpose is so that I can cinch up the top a bit to prevent myself from popping out when I wear it.
This is what it looks like so far.
I was originally planning on using eyelets with washers for the back lacing, but I have since decided that I want to use grommets instead. So, I need to get my hands on a grommet setter before I can continue working.