I don’t own a round cake pan, so I did some improvisation. I also hope that you don’t mind my lack of cake decorating skills.
Orange Streusel Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a greased 9-inch round cake pan with wax paper; grease and lightly dust wax paper with flour. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and grated orange rind in a large bowl; make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk, 1/2 cup orange juice, and oil. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 22 to 25 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/3 cup orange juice in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened; stir constantly. Boil 1 minute. Spread over cake; cool. Sprinkle cookie crumbs over cake.