I came across this idea a few days ago and thought that it sounded pretty neat. You can make a rinse with herbs and apple cider vinegar to enhance your natural hair color.
Some recommended herbs:
- For dark hair – Parsley, Rosemary, Sage
- For light hair – Chamomile, Flannel Mullein, Marigold
- For red hair – Henna
- For oily hair – Lavender, Thyme, Witch Hazel, Yarrow
- For dry hair – Marigold
- For brittle hair – Horsetail
You make the rinse like so:
- Pour 1 pint of boiling water over 2 tablespoons of the dried herb (or mixture) and steep for two hours.
- Allow to cool and strain out herbs.
- Add 1 pint of apple cider vinegar and mix well.
Use this instead of your conditioner about once a week, and enjoy added depth to your hair color! Mind you, this is NOT a dye and it won’t *change* your hair color.